Safety First at Schuff Steel
Schuff Steel strives to be a leader in the health and safety of our employees and our goal is the total elimination of accidents from all of our fabrication facilities and job sites. We approach safety with proper planning, good organization, and effective management-oriented controls. We understand that safety does not occur by chance. It is the personal responsibility of everyone within our organization, whether laborer, foreman, executive, project manager, superintendent or engineer, our jobs are maintained in a clear and orderly state to encourage safe, efficient working habits.
Our philosophy is that no job is so important that we cannot take the time to do it safely. Safety will always take precedence over more expedient, unsafe work operations. We provide equipment and resources that will make for a safe workplace. We provide safety training and make sure that our team understands the "Safety and Health Standards" that are presented at all of our fabrication facilities and job sites. All Schuff Steel subcontractors are expected to abide by the provisions of this policy. We provide OSHA 30-hour training for all of our Superintendents, Project Managers, Foremen and Subcontractors. In addition we also provide steel erection training to General Contractors such as Hunt Construction Group on an as needed or requested basis.
Project Safety Awards:
- Circus Circus Development Corporation, Mandalay Bay Resort 1998
- Perini Building Company - President's Award, Paris Casino Resort 1999
- American Institute of Steel Construction, Safety Commendation 1999
- Peck Jones Construction, Sherman Oaks Galleria 2001
- Turner Construction, Broncos Stadium 2001
- Turner Construction, Intel RR7 MSN Project 2001
- Turner Construction, Ocotillo OC8 Project 2001
- Perini Building Company - President's Award, San Manuel Casino 2004